These two memorial sculptures incorporate a bronze replica of the 1916 Proclamation, with each one marking the Centenary in very different ways, reflecting their very different locations.
The Waterford City 1916 Memorial is located in the lower garden of the Bishop’s Palace on the Mall with the Proclamation presented to the observing visitor at the end of a cantilevered stainless steel form.
The Dungarvan 1916 Memorial is situated in the Park next to the Lookout, with views across Dungarvan Bay within a small town park with a bandstand. The memorial comprises of four inclined stone wedges with one from each of the four provinces; Munster,-Valentia Slate, Connacht Limestone, Ulster Mourne Granite and Leinster Wicklow Granite.
The cast bronze proclamation panels on each of the memorials measure 1340mm x 880mm. The original variations in typeset with the conflicting typefaces in the original 1916 proclamation have been replicated to reflect the conditions and pressures that the original revolutionary typesetters were under to produce the 1916 Proclamation.